Public Speaking Course - Level 1
Words have the power to inform, persuade, educate & even entertain. The spoken word can be more powerful than the written word in the hands of the right speaker.
Unfortunately, Most people avoid speaking in public for lack of confidence or being introverted.
The course is for age group of 7 to 14 year olds.
The objective of the course is to:
- Improve confidence
- Improve communication skills
- Ability to advocate for causes
- Ability to market one’s abilities
- Class-1 : Briefing of Public speaking and self introduction of students. Videos of self introduction will be recorded and based on that feedback and guidelines will be given to each student.
Class-2 : Story telling - Students will tell their pre-listened stories and will get directions and receive required guidelines.
Faculty will tell them a story with proper gestures, expressions, emotions props etc.
Home work - Students will be either given a story or the can themselves prepare a story for narration in the next class with professional gestures, expressions, emotions, props etc. to make it real.
- Class-3 : Story Telling by students based on the homework given in previous class.
Class-4 : Briefing of speech - Students will give speech on any topic and get required guidelines. Students will attempt to speak on topic within
specific time. Faculty will then demonstrate on how to talk within given timelime.
Home Work - Students will be given topics to prepare for next class.
- Class-5 : Students will give speech within a specific time based on topics given to them in previous class
- Class-6 : Practice Session - based on previous five classes - this will help students who are doing better to fine tune speaking and weak students to focus and improve on the speaking skills.
- Class-7 : Imaginary animal- Each student will describe an imaginary animal to the class. While the student describes the animal, other students will draw the animal. Students can take turns describing.
- Class-8 : Tones- Students will be given them a sentence e.g. " I can't believe that". Based on the sentence, students will be asked to write different tone words( sarcastic, funny, anger, depressed etc.) then student pick a tone out of a bowl and say " I can't believe that" in that tone or in all the tones.
- Class-9 : Fun Activities
- Class-10 : Tongue twister - ex- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream.
- Class-11 : Practice session based on the learnings of previous classes
- Class-12 : Videos will be made of every student with improvement- any of the above activity. Every student will give a Self introduction speech with improvement based on the learnings.
12 classes of 1.5 hours each
To be announced
To be updated
Rs.2200 + GST 18%